Normally when we think about a smoker, the image of a huge, traditional horizontal machine comes to mind. Even though it is the most common design out there, the vertical offset smokers are doing an awesome job of competing with them.
Manufacturers have worked hard to produce some of the best vertical offset smokers that offer a balance of finesse, simplicity, and taste. The out-of-the-ordinary shape of vertical smokers comes with its own unique advantages which we will discuss in this guide.
4 Best Vertical Offset Smokers:
Every smoker realizes the struggle of accommodating a BBQ smoker in their home. Vertical Offset Smokers are the ultimate solution to every cook’s worries.
We determine the best vertical offset smoker based on its value for money and standard of quality. By the end of this article, you will have found the ideal equipment for you amongst this handpicked group of vertical offset smokers. So, let’s dive in and discuss the details.
Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker, Charcoal Smoker – Best for Beginners
Who doesn’t want a hassle-free cooking experience? At the end of a long day, or during the holidays all we want is to be able to cook some delicious meat with a few simple steps. The Weber Smokey Mountain is an exquisite machine with a fantastic reputation amongst pitmasters.
When it comes to vertical smokers being the best, there is a unanimous agreement that Smokey Mountain lies high on the list. It is an extremely easy-to-use piece of equipment that is reliable as well. Built with durability in mind, the Weber is available in three different sizes to accommodate your space needs.
- The inner material is made with stainless steel so the smoker will not rust.
- Charcoal water smokers have been divided into three portions
- The fuel pan in the bottom provides the heat and smoke using charcoal and wood
- The top of the bullet contains the temperature gauge and an exhaust damper along with the intake damper
- Outer Material is Aluminium making it lightweight
- Provides a stable smoking temperature owing to the central smoke chamber
In a nutshell, if you are searching for a user-friendly and efficient vertical smoker, you should definitely go for the Weber Smokey Mountain. Its three-part system will not disappoint new pitmasters as they try their hand at smoking meat.
Oklahoma Joe’s Bronco Pro Drum Smoker – Best Overall
When it comes to the best vertically designed offset smokers, Oklahoma takes the trophy with its Bronco Drum Smoker.
Professional pitmasters have often faced the dilemma of dealing with large chunks of meat. The Bronco has been equipped with a side table that can be used to place the meat down before moving it onto the smoker. All of this is within the base price!
- The Oklahoma Joe Smoker has been fitted with an extra-large charcoal basket
- Glow-in-the-dark temp gauge for those long overnight cooks
- Fitted with wheels making the smoker portable
- Has a side shelf so you can take the meat on and off the smoker
Generally there is a steep learning curve when dealing with charcoal smokers. However, with its built-in temp gauge, the Bronco is your ideal choice as it helps you navigate the steps effortlessly.
Camp Chef Smoke Vault Vertical Smoker – Best for Convenience
Wouldn’t you want to get a tasty yet speedy solution to your dinners? Well, the Camp Chef Smoke Vault has you covered. An extremely dependable vertical smoker, it is an easy-to-use propane-fueled item.
You can relax in your backyard as the Camp Chef Smoker does all the work. Providing a low and slow cook, that smoker will infuse delicious taste into your meat without you having to lift a finger.
- Fitted with multiple cooking grids providing larger cooking space
- Door thermometer makes reading the temperature extremely simple
- Comes with a snap-ignition so the process is matchless
- Range of cooking temperatures is between 160°F to 350°F, so you can try out various recipes
- Electric power source so reduced carbon footprint
- Made with Alloy Steel so extremely light
- Available in various sizes; 18 and 24 inches
Overall, the Camp Chef Smoke Vault is one of the best vertical offset smokers in the market due to its simplicity and reliability. Made to accommodate the whim of pitmasters, with the Camp Chef vertical smoker you are a click away from whipping up all your food fantasies from ribs to a whole turkey or even baked pies.
Masterbuilt Digital Electric Smoker – Best Budget
Finding a high-quality offset smoker that falls within your budget is the greatest feeling. Masterbuilt has created a dynamic vertical offset smoker that is best for smoking mouth-watering meat.
Even though the Masterbuilt is in the lower price range, the mechanical design has finesse with many racks and a wood chip tray. The experience of cooking with Masterbuilt Digital Electric Smoker is uncomplicated and satisfying due to its excellent fit and finish.
- Built with stainless steel gives the smoker a solid, sturdy casing
- Fitted with a thermostat temperature control making the Masterbuilt dependable
- The burner and chip tray are separately accessible so easy to change wood chips
- Commissions heat well due to insulated body
- Digital panel balances the cooking time and temperature comfortably
One of the leading vertical offset smokers in the market, the Masterbuit is your best bet for cooking an elegant meal. The electric heating element takes over temp control while the smoker produces the best-tasting BBQ from within a thin, blue trail of smoke that is the aftermath of clean-burning wood.
The Bottom Line
What makes vertical smokers the best is their reliability, and undisputed usage. Therefore, the Oklahoma Joe’s Bronco Pro Drum Smoker is our ultimate choice for the best vertical offset smoker. Crafted particularly for competition pitmasters, the Oklahoma Joe is a machine that can be depended on to perform exceptionally in every scenario.
The heat of the vertical smoker is at the bottom. Therefore a hotter temperature on the grill grates should be expected. Generally, the thermometer is reading the ambient temperature and not the exact temperature of the pellet grill.
With more rack space and a reduced carbon footprint overall, vertical smokers are the best option for a space-starved pitmaster. Furthermore, they are also able to cook faster while also having the ability to be reconfigured to fit a variety of different foods.